Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BLOG LAUNCH// Ghost Whisperer

Finally here, a blog born of love and dreams and imagery. After many lovely emails and facebook messages inquiring about a possible blog, I'm so excited to have someplace to tell the stories that come with each set of photos.

These new pictures are part of and include outtakes from an editorial for The Wallflower's first issue (just launched Feb 10, read it here), inspired by the haunting sounds of Karin Dreijer Andersson's solo album and Nirrimi's oceanside cemetery shoot.

We did this series at the very end of last year, on an unusually humid and warm December day. Al Tidwell was absolutely brilliant with the makeup, even using a piece of real gold foil to plate Remy's browbone. The lace piece featured in the story was pulled by Tammy Theis from Grange Hall, an antique shop curated with such remarkable European pieces it really deserves to be called a museum. I fell in love with it at first sight, and when she told me the cloth was a three hundred year old relic from a Catholic church, I went dizzy from delight.

It was such a wonderful, melodious, filled with treasures: a centuries-old bound leather bible, a quartz cross pendant, and a beautiful sheer white dress reminiscent of the Virgin Suicides. We talked of Taos, New York City, Romania, Irina Lazareanu, and told atrocious graveyard jokes. That being said, here is the story of a long-lost Gothic girl, played by Remy and her seraphic beauty.






















25 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I am in love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so glad you started a blog! these are all so beautiful, i especially like the second, third, and last one. i can't wait to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and breathtaking, Ann. Truly in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3, 6 and 13 all have a place in my inspiration folder now. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, you are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO amazing...holy cow, i love them

    ReplyDelete
  8. your work is really amazing <33
    can't wait for the next post ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! you got a blog finally! lol

    <3 Beautiful. You're doing great things.

    -L O V E

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! Oh I am so excited to see more and more of your photos. Brilliant <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad you made a blog, it's lovely and promises much more loveliness to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. impressive....magical...powerful...just perfect! i follow your blog, I definitly do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are so so magic, colour and beauty and light, i am SO happy you have a blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  14. divine!

    Check me out:
    http://thefashionreflections.blogspot.com/

    xx
    karla

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is not to offend you or anything, I just felt the need to point out that there is something off with the idea of a girl "posing pretty" in a cemetery. Am I the only one who thinks this way? I probably am. Anyway, I think you're really talented. I've been following your work for a time now. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you took inspiration form Nirrimi but I do find this quite disrespectful. I don't see why you needed to take these at a graveyard, in the name of fashion too(?). Having a model prance around on top of graves seems insulting to those buried (and their families too). You take beautiful photos but it saddens me that this was a concept you chose...

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh i love it, so rich! and i love that you were inspired by nirrimi!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your so amazing!!!!! and your like sixteen! WOW! i wish i was as amazing as you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought your photos reminded me a lot of Nirrimi's. They're lovely, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete